Update?
Ciao a tutti. After a long absence from my blog I have returned................ Yep. Just a quick note on what I will be up to the coming months, as far as I know now that is. I was planning on going to India until the beginning of March. Actually my ticket confirms this plan. However, plans have changed since a few days ago. Ok hold your horses. I know I did this last time as well, just 3 days before getting on the plane to Uganda. This time, my plans only changed less than 2 weeks before leaving. So still nicely on time :). I will leave for India this Friday, 10 November 2006, to start with an internship at the India Centre for Human Rights and Law with the child rights unit. However, I will not stay there until the beginning of March, but as things stand right now, and we really have to adapt a flexible approach here :D, I will leave India again around 25 January 2007. Yes, I will spend my christmas and New Year there, however, fate has not allowed me to have a nice relaxing holiday on the Maldives just after my internship. Darn........... Yes you have to admit it as well.......... It is a darn situation. However, the reason for this change of plans is that I had applied for an internship with Amnesty International while I was in Damascus. Since more than 2 months had passed since the deadline I did not think I got in. But...................... while being in Greece, I had missed a call and someone had left me a voicemail. However, since I am in a sort of laissez-fair state of mind, I only listened to the voicemail 4 days after I got back from Greece. Shame on me, I know......... So there it was, a voicemail from someone of Amnesty International. After having phoned them back, I found out that I had the internship with the International Justice Project team in London if I still wanted it. Yes, read back............ "if I still wanted it". Crazy world we live in :) Un problemo however, the internship would start as from January. And yeap.......... I was supposed to be in India until early March. Oops.... So I asked if I could start in London as from 5 February. As I was told today, they have accepted this and I will probably be in London as from that date, provided nothing pops up in the meantime. Sooooooooo.............. That's it for me :) Changes changes changes. Thus, I will not be leaving for D.C. in April 2007. This I really feel sad about as I had really hoped and planned to go there. But hey............ AI is AI :) And London is a small D.C.. So in case you need me, you know where to find me :) For now....................... I'll be back ;) See you from India :) And keep me posted on everything that is happening with you!!! You are all way too quiet ;) Baci mille
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great to see that u decided to update ur blog :D nice pics! baci mille e abracoes e saudades bella :D T
Post a Comment